Thursday, September 28, 2017

3 Days Off: Three

I got up at 9:00. Breakfast was cereal and coffee, and I watched "The Planets" (Pluto), and got caught up in a Wikipedia Storm (lots of reading and tangental links).

I had cold Chinese for lunch while I hung out online. I shaved. Then at 3:30 pm I left the house, to hit Kappy's for their last 6-pack of Tangerine Soul Style IPA (score!), and to hike the Mid-State Trail from Redemption Rock to the Crow Hills.

Mountain Quest 2017 No.5: A nice easy jaunt, it took me about 40 minutes each way, with no rest stops, and only a handful of photo ops. It was sunny, cool and dry, I had the trail to myself, and it was glorious. I ate an apple and a granola bar at the picnic area, while listening to the loud guys who were traversing the top of the cliffs. I saw them pass overhead, but they never crossed my path again. On the way back I listened to An April March, Chapterhouse's "Pearl" EP, and Lush's "Blind Spot" EP. What a great hike.

When I got home I did dishes, made mac & cheese with the last of the ground beef, and watched sports tv & "Big Bang Theory". The rest of the night was a mix of the Red Sox/Astros game, the Bears/Packers game, and parts of the first two "American Pie" movies. In between (at 9:00 pm) I ran out to Hannaford to get coffee, bananas, and a few other things, and showered after I unpacked the food.

A view of Mt Wachusett: ascent

The Crow Hills cliffs

Descent Soundtrack: Lush's "Blind Spot" EP

A view of Mt Wachusett: descent

No comments:

Post a Comment