Thursday, January 19, 2017

BOS 106 - NYK 117

Last night, using the tickets I got them for Christmas, I took Dad and Hayden to TD Garden to see the Boston Celtics play the New York Knicks.

I drove us to Alewife in Dad's car, and we rode the Red Line to Davis Square, where we had dinner at Boston Burger Company. I had an All American Burger (barbecue sauce, bacon, American cheese, lettuce & tomato, hold the blue cheese) and a Harpoon Winter Warmer (so good). And Dad was nice enough to pay for dinner.

Then it was onto the Red Line again, and a jump at Park Street to the the Green Line, three stops east to North Station. Then it was game time. The seats were pretty far up, but the sight lines were great, and the acoustics were too. The cheerleaders & Celtics Dancers were appreciated, but the Celtics lost 117 - 106. Isaiah Thomas had a very good game, and Jae Crowder was on fire in the first half, but Al Horford had a horrible game, and Marcus Smart was just so-so. But it was still a great night in the city with my father and my oldest nephew!


Somerville Theatre, across the street from BBC.

Boston Burger Company mural.




Dad, Hayden, me.

Final view of Alewife before driving home.



No comments:

Post a Comment