Friday, April 28, 2017

MQ 2017 No.3

I hiked Mount Grace in Warwick, MA today. After a nice drive down Rt. 2 and 78, I arrived to an empty parking lot around 3:00 pm. The hike was rough! It was in the 80's, sunny, and a lot more humid than expected. I forgot how long this trek is, and how many 'false summit' areas there are. I was sweating my ass off, and the mosquitoes & black flies were nearly overwhelming. I almost turned back three times! But I knew I'd regret not reaching the summit, or climbing the fire tower for the views.

It took me nearly 2 hours for what in the past has been a 90-minute hike. But it was worth it. I ate my apple at the summit, and then ascended the fire tower for the breeze and the views. There were no bugs at the top (and no hornet nest, like there was back in 2015), and it was so windy that the tower shook a bit off and on... I got some great shots, and then headed down. As I was leaving the summit an older man was just reaching the top. My only human interaction of the entire hike. Just the way I like it (haha)...

The entrance to the trail is off to the right.

The many streams were loud and running fast!


One of my favorite sights, the old ski lift equipment.

Warwick Fire Tower

View from the top!

Monadnock...

Staring at the sun ☼

No comments:

Post a Comment