Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Tires & Things

At 1 pm I zipped over to Tire Warehouse to replace the two front tires on my car. An hour (and $150) later, and I am ready for tomorrow's blizzard (projected 4 to 8 inches of snow), and my upcoming car inspection (I still need emissions work).

At 6 pm I headed over to Mike's new house in Westminster to hang out with him, Pete and Keith. His girlfriend had made a huge pot roast, so we chowed down (so good). I brought some dark beers with me. The Opa Opa Milk Stout was very good, despite being rather flat out of the growler. and the 9.7% ABV Dark Truth Imperial Stout from Boulevard Brewing Company was fantastic. I only drank half of one because it was so potent!



Later Mike opened his prodigious liquor cabinet, and I got to try tequila for the first time (amazingly enough, it's been often smelled, yet never tasted). I was fortunate enough to taste the DonJulio 1942 first - WOW. Strong alcohol burn at first, but a great aftertaste. The other two I tried after both paled miserably in comparison. It was an interesting and illuminating experience, for sure.



We all hung out until around 10:30 (Keith left an hour earlier), with promises to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment