Wednesday, May 10, 2017

MQ 2017 No.4

I knew it would be cloudy all day until late afternoon, so I waited until 4:00 pm to head over to Mount Wachusett for "Mountain Quest 2017" #4.

I hiked the Mountain House Trail, which is rather steep the entire way, and very rocky. Today it was also very muddy, and the black flies were everywhere, including in my left eye and right ear. The sky was grey until about halfway up, and then the clouds parted in various places. The mountain was pleasantly deserted for the most part. I even had the summit to myself for about a solid minute (haha). I shared a friendly "hello" with several pairs of people and/or dogs, and at the summit an older woman chatted me up about hiking and her Mother's Day plans with her son. On the way down there were a lot more people headed up (including 2 separate attractive women), so I am (mostly) glad about the timing of my hike.

Descent soundtrack: Slowdive's "Slowdive" EP and Ivy's song "The Best Thing".



View from inside the tree above.

Monadnock & friends.
Boston off in the distance...

View of Boston with the 'zoom' setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment