Friday, May 19, 2017

Lakeside Day

I went to the lake today from a little after 2:00 until a little before 7:00. 

When I got there Jon was hanging out with the dogs (Happy & Henley), so I offered him a beer and we caught up for a bit. I had a ham & cheese sandwich, chips and (over the course of the afternoon) 3 Lagunitas IPAs - good stuff! 

I read part of a story by Katherine Kurtz in "Flashing Swords!" #4. Then I inflated my clear & orange 'floatie chair', and paddled around & spaced out on the water for an hour or so. I finished the story on the dock. Then I hung out in a chair, ate an apple, and listened to a few songs by Ivy, Cocteau Twins and An April March. Holly & the kids came down after the Oakmont @ Quabbin softball game in which Jackie & the twins were playing. Jared grabbed the fishing gear, Drew jumped on the upright paddle board, and I chatted with the girls. Apparently Sarah was on her way with a truck full of kids, so I made sure to skedaddle before all of the cars & giggling junior high kids showed up.

What a great day. Staring up at the clouds & contrails, or lounging with my eyes closed facing the sun, it always feels great to be on Wyman Pond...







No comments:

Post a Comment