Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving Day

I spent the day today with Dad & Ma at the family homestead. When I got there Sarah & Jon were there with all 4 kids, plus Hayden's girlfriend Audrey and Celia's boyfriend Mike. They hung out for an hour or so and then headed off to New Hampshire.


I was there from 12:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Georgia made me a handmade birthday card (so sweet) before they all left. Dad & I watched the Vikings beat the Lions 30 - 23 (good game). The three of us (Ma, Dad & I) had dinner. Dad & I watched the Chargers beat the Cowboys 16 - 6, and we each had a 4 Elf Winter Warmer Spiced Ale from Dark Horse Brewing Company out of Marshall, Michigan (good, but a bit too strong at 8.75%). I had chocolate cream pie and coffee. Ma & I watched a few episodes of "Friends" & "Big Bang Theory". And then I headed home, with a bag full of Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey, gravy, rolls, apple pie & chocolate cream pie), plus my birthday gifts a day early. Dad & Ma gave me a $50 bill, a 2-pound bag of Starbucks French Roast whole bean coffee, a hardcover sketchpad, and last but not least, they had a tree planted in my name by the Arbor Day Foundation. Pretty cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment